Tuscan Baked Orecchiette
total time50 minutes
serves6 - 8
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Carando® Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. orecchiette pasta (3 cups)
- 1 ½ cups (6 oz.) shredded Italian cheese blend
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. In large skillet, cook meatballs over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until internal temperature reaches at least 165ºF. Remove meatballs from skillet.
2. In same skillet, sauté garlic 1 minute. Add kale and sauté until bright green and wilted.
3. Cut meatballs in half; add to kale. Sauté until kale is tender. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a simmer; season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and toss with meatballs and kale mixture. Pour into greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle top with cheese.
5. Bake at 350ºF. for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
* For an extra kick, use Carando Sicilian Italian Meatballs