Summer Skewers with Italian Sausage
total time30 minutes
- 1 (14-oz.) pkg. Carando® Mild Toscano Italian Sausage Links
- 2 large bell peppers (any color), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 small zucchini squash, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 (12-inch) skewers
- 1 (24-oz.) jar chunky marinara sauce, heated
- 5 large fresh basil leaves
1. Heat grill to medium-low, about 375°F.; oil grill grates. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Alternately thread sausage, peppers and onion onto skewers.
3. Combine olive oil and minced garlic in small bowl.
4. Grill spiedini skewers for about 15 minutes until internal temperature of sausage reaches at least 165°F., turning occasionally and brushing with garlic oil.
5. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping; sprinkle with torn basil.