total time35 minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Carando® Toscano Ground Sausage
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 4 pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (28-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup no salt added chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 (1-lb.) pkg. rigatoni pasta
1. Crumble sausage into large saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until well browned; drain.
2. Place onion, celery, carrot, garlic, parsley, oregano and red pepper in bowl of food processor or blender. Pulse until finely minced. Sauté vegetables in olive oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
3. Return sausage to pan along with tomato sauce, chicken stock and tomato paste. Salt to taste. Simmer sauce 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Once drained, toss with sauce and serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.